It’s a strange thing when the magazine editors decide to declare Spring has arrived. The message is shouted loud and clear from every bookstore, magazine stand and supermarket checkout line in town. It’s impossible to ignore the fabulous colors and cover stories announcing the latest in everything from Spring fashion to haircuts to the best garden party brunch dishes. It’s official, Spring IS here! Except, of course, that it isn’t…
Zesty Lemon Poppyseed Cakes Recipe
Yields: 8 cupcakes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup full-fat yogurt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
- 5 teaspoons poppy seeds
- For topping:
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 taspoon grated lemon zest
My Method And How To Make Them:
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Beat eggs and sugar very well until creamy.
- Add in yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice and grated zest, beat until blended.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and vaniila powder and gradually combine these with wet ingredients beating together until well combined.
- Fold in poppy seeds.
- Brush a cake pan with melted butter and pour the batter into it.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.